Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stagnant

I'm incredibly bored right now as I was yesterday and the day before. Nothing ever happens. I'm still pushing forward writing songs but with nothing cool or new happening for me I don't feel like there's much of an emotional involvement to what I'm working on at the moment almost like it's being forced. I'm sure the inspiration will come again. I feel like I go through spurts of feeling blank. I guess I shouldn't sweet it too much I have a lot done so far. I've been spending my time trying to organize the songs written so far into 3 to 4 song EPs based on their style and mood. This was Tanks idea to help make the work load feel a lot less daunting. It seems like a lot more is getting done when you finish an EP instead of still struggling to write a full length. I'm naming the EPs after times of day so far I have The Evening EP (finished), The Twilight Hour EP (finished), The Mid-Night EP (unfinished but so far my favorite). That's all I have organized. I have more songs organize and a lot to be written. I really like the idea of releasing a cd that have different parts almost as if it is a group of EPs on one CD. Each part could have it's own feel and sound. The packaging could be really awesome too. Perhaps it could be a set of four 7"s.

I finished reading Watchmen. Not what I expected but it was still pretty good. Now I'm looking foward to seeing the movie. I'm think I'm gonna start reading either Fight Club, The Hobbit, or The Silmarillion (the History of Middle Earth and according to Tolkein his most important work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment